African Development and Humanitarian Aid Commission
Supervisor: HR Manager
Deal line: June 26, 2015
Salary: As per the organization scale
No of Position: 1 (One)
The HR manager is responsible for/to monitor all functions carried out by the Human Resource Department. The HR manager maintains reviews and updates all administrative and human resource systems and procedures. The position also ensures uniform compliance with policies and procedures at all sites.
The HR manager is responsible to oversee all recruitments, policy implementation, strategic human resource responsibilities (e.g. policy review, job audits, restructuring) staff development and organizational development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resource Management
- Review personnel policies and HR systems (payroll) annually. Recommend changes/additions/deletions to ADHAC management.
- Conduct job audits/job analysis. Determine the staffing level for ADHAC operation Department.
- Advise operation sector Managers on staff management, disciplinary regulations and policies. Assist with the preparation of warning letters, as requested.
- Travel to field operation site to monitor compliance with administration systems and polices, review administration operations, review personnel files, review staff orientation and to receive input / suggestions on administration department.
- Work with Operation sector managers, Country Director and Executive Director on strategic ways to retain staff and staff succession planning.
- Ensure proper and adequate understanding of Togo labour laws (when instituted) and ADHAC’s obligations
- Monitor the recruitment of Lome and/or field-based operation positions. Maintain updated recruitment guidelines. Participate on interview panels with operation sector Managers.
- Work on introducing different assessment and aptitude tests for selected positions in conjunction with operation sector managers.
- Ensure to maintain updated recruitment database and resumes for potential candidates.
- Ensure ADHAC HR functions are following the processes for recruitment, Orientation and performance management.
- Provide and arrange orientation to new staff timely and periodically for existing operation staffs.
Staff Development/Organizational Development
- Conduct training need assessments at field office/departmental level and work with Coordinators on implementing the identified needs with available funding.
- Maintain a training resource database, ensuring that it is reviewed and updated at least Quarterly
- Responsible for planning training needs/requirements for HR Staff.
- BA degree in Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management and related fields.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management.
- Minimum 5 years experience in human resource and administration with an international / Local NGO.
- Good organizational, diplomatic and reporting skills.
- Strong personnel management experience.
- Excellent cross cultural skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in an area with security risks
- Willingness to travel frequently to field operation sites
ADHAC encourages qualified women applicants
Interested applicants can submit their application on the following address:
ADHAC main office, In-front of HAYAT medical college,
P.O.Box 170596, Lome, Togo
Email – hr_ADHAC@adhac.org